This week I have started composing my first draft of my video for my final piece of work. To make this video and edit it, I used Adobe Premier Pro to thread my video together. In this video I have performance footage, found footage from old video tapes, footage from my visit to Derby and footage of found objects that belonged to my grandmother. The idea behind this video is to track her life journey from fragments I already knew and from what my mother knew as well.
My grandmother was an engineer and loved dancing and music. But the thing that mattered most to her was family. These key themes are shown throughout the video through performance, found footage and objects.
She enjoyed time with family. She met my grandfather while dancing one night when he was on leave from the army. Unfortunately he died during combat later in life and my grandmother was living on her own. Using figurative performance art I tried to capture this moment but looking back on it now I think it was not that successful compared to other parts of the video.
Throughout the video there is a constant motif of a walk through Shipley Park with my mother and her dog. My grandmother use to take this walk with her dog Peppy, and even after Peppy past away she came along with my mum to walk around. This walk I recorded was the first walk without my grandmother. So in some ways it seems very spiritual to me, as if it is a testament about how she is not there anymore, but how we all still carry on.
Below is the first draft video:
I also decided to experiment with some stop animation of me drawing her from two images from different points in her life, one from when she was younger, and one when she was older.
As an experiment I feel it was successful, and that it is something I can use later on. I know that keeping something in the same place is very important, and how speed is also key depending on the amount of photographs being used for a stop animation. I feel like if I were to improve them I would straighten out the overall shoot of them all and even prepare myself more with equipment by having a button connected to my camera to take photographs more easily.
Below are both animation experiments I have created:













No comments:
Post a Comment